Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Recycled Longstitch Books 182-183

After taking a longstitch binding workshop with Dan Essig last month, I've been thinking about ways to use longstitch binding beyond what we did in the class.  One thing on my mind was using recycled boxes as covers.

So I pulled out my stash of old cardboard packaging (seriously, my friends save boxes for me out of their recycle bins... it makes me feel like a hoarder), picked out a few interesting boxes, and went to town!  After a little bit of measuring, a little bit of math, and some fiddling I ended up with two recycled longstitch books.

The first is a red shredded wheat cereal box, with a blue button and string closure.  The second book is a green Banana Babies frozen banana box, with a yellow button and string closure.  After making the first two I cut and folded a bunch of extra pages so I can easily make more later.

No comments: