Friday, May 10, 2013

Special Occasion Cards

I sat down last week to make greeting cards for the first time in a long time.  I've made Ohio cards, Christmas cards, and Valentine's cards in the last 6 months but that's about it.  With the summer show season coming up, I decided it was time to make some cards for birthdays, Mother's Day, and Father's Day.
In my studio, I have a set of plastic rolling drawers where I keep paint, scissors, bookbinding supplies, etc.  One of the drawers is my "scrap paper" drawer where all my little pieces of cardstock or decorative paper live.  My process for making cards goes like this: pull out the scrap paper drawer, pick out a bunch of scraps, use fancy edged scissors, and assemble on a card blank.  Add stamps, embossing, or decorative pens as needed.

It is a relaxing process that helps me "recycle" the extra bits that are too pretty to throw away.  Many of these are available at the Urban Orchid in Ohio City.  The rest will be at the Midland Summer Art Fair june 1st and 2nd.

No comments: