Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Coptic Journals: Books 94-97

This weekend is my first art show of the summer!  In preparation I finished up a bunch of coptic journals.  This type of journal is probably my most popular at shows, and is also my favorite to make.  The pages are heavy, 100% cotton paper that is suitable for writing, drawing, or painting.

While I was working on the Women of Achievement Awards earlier this year, I made two extra sets of covers, cut a big stack of Mohawk Superfine for the pages, and had some extra sheets of decorative and handmade papers cut to size.  I adapted the number of pages to have 5 sheets of mohawk superfine for each sheet of decorative paper.

Two of the three other journals have ribbon closures.  The purple and orange journal is very similar to one I made last year, and uses up the rest of that sheet of paper.  The blue paper with the geometric design is one of my new sheets from Hollanders.  I really like the pattern and the color palette. 

The purple and green paper with the crocodiles is one I have had for a while.  I think the crocodile design is playful and interesting.  I thought about using this paper for a case bound book, but couldn't find the right color book cloth to go with it.

If you like the paper used for these journals, keep an eye out for my next blog post!  I used the scraps to make more minibook jewelry.

No comments: