Thursday, March 14, 2013

Books 037-040 and Art Demo


Meet Eva the Girl Astronaut, mascot of the International Women's Air and Space Museum
Over the weekend I participated in the International Women's Air and Space Museum's Family Day by demonstrating and talking to people about book binding.  The event was held at Cleveland's Burke Lakefront Airport and there were all sorts of space related activities for kids and families.

I had such a great time at the event!  I love space and astronomy (as you can see from my Astronomy Alphabet book) and after my demonstrations I got to poke around and have my picture taken as an astronaut.  (Best. Day. EVER.)

Look, I'm an astronaut!  Pretty convincing, eh?
Anyway, back to the books!  For the demo I brought four unfinished books I've had sitting on my work table for a while.  The covers are old cardboard mounted slides, with plain white paper for the signatures, measuring 2in x 2in x 1/2 in.  I got the slides when I worked for the Art History Department of my college.  The slides were old, discolored, and hadn't been used by the department in years.  I snagged one of the boxes as it was being thrown out, and set it aside until the right project came along

The first two slide books I completed at the demo, and the other two I finished at home.  The next book project I'm working on is a big commission, and I can't wait to tell you all about it!  The project will be completed in the next week, so keep an eye out for a post about it.

1 comment:

Mike Smith said...

Technology does have some complexities associated with it. Be it be old or new technology, it has some glitches and flaws associated with it. We at Trend Micro Geek Squad, are a team of technical expert professionals, offer support related to any of your digital or electronic device failures. Whenever you get an error, your system is running slow, or not working adequately call us straight away.
Our Geek Squad Tech Support team is focused on tuning-up your devices and bringing them in workable condition as before.Webroot Geek Squad support related services include providing a quick security solution to resolve the issues that are said to be contagious.