Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Current Project: Wool Eater Blanket

My current project is crocheting a Wool Eater blanket.  The pattern makes a very close and textured fabric.  I discovered the project as part of a crochet-a-long.  I'm getting started on the crochet-a-long a little late, but I am making great progress on the blanket.
I am using this project as a way to use up some of the partial skeins of wool yarn I have hanging around.  I used the red yarn to knit my very first pair of socks.  The variegated pink and brown yarn was leftover from making my sister-in-law a pair of socks.  The brown yarn was remnants from making a hat for my dad...  And so on.  This project also gives me a chance to buy a few new skeins of yarn that I know will get used right away!
For the next colors I am thinking about using tan (the stuff I dyed with Black Walnut in the summer), gray, dark magenta, and red.  Any suggestions on what colors to use after that?

No comments: