Monday, January 17, 2011

About Me

Like most people, my life for the last two years got busy and things like blogging fell by the wayside. I decided starting fresh and refocusing my blog would be the best path to take in a situation like this. So this post will tell a little bit about me, and what I've been busy with the last two years.

I'm a college senior studying Art Education. The last two years have been characterized by investigations into different art media including film photography, oil painting, figure drawing, metalsmithing, and digital media. I have also had the opportunity to teach art at the elementary and high school levels. Getting in the field and teaching was a great experience, and I am looking forward to a semester of student teaching in the fall of 2011. I was also fortunate to embark on a study abroad trip through Europe in the spring of 2010. I traveled with 27 classmates and 2 professors through Greece, Italy, Germany, France, and England visiting museums, churches, and archeological sites. During that trip my confidence as an artist and as a person flourished.

Condensing two years into a short paragraph hardly seems sufficient, but hopefully this explains why my posting has been severely lacking. In the future you can expect to see posts about the projects I am currently working on (both for classes, and on my own time), tutorials on how I do what I do, and links to art and craft articles I find interesting or enlightening.

No comments: